On the other hand, the emergency room is only going to get someone stable. In order for someone to complete the recovery process, it is critical to follow up with a trained chiropractor.
Particularly for those who have been diagnosed with a whiplash injury, it is critical to developing a comprehensive treatment plan to prevent long-term complications.
Even though this injury commonly takes place in a car accident, particularly when someone has been rear-ended, this injury can also take place following traumatic injuries, sports accidents, and a variety of other situations.
Whiplash can be referred to as a neck sprain or a neck strain; however, it is commonly referred to as a cervical ligament sprain. This is a serious neck injury that can lead to complications if it is not treated appropriately.
Symptoms of Whiplash Injury
• Pain and stiffness located in the neck
• Chronic fatigue due to issues falling asleep or staying asleep at night
• A feeling of dizziness, particularly when someone stands up too quickly
• A markedly reduced range of motion in the neck
• Headaches that usually start at the base of the skull and spread elsewhere
• A tenderness that is located in the arms, upper back, and shoulders
• A feeling of numbness or tingling in the arms
Some people who suffer a whiplash injury may only develop one or two of the symptoms above. Other people might experience all of them. Regardless, whiplash is an injury that must be taken seriously.
In some situations, people who suffer whiplash might have trouble returning to work quickly. This could make it hard for people to make ends meet, making it difficult to put food on the table. Finally, individuals who suffer a whiplash injury might also develop mental health conditions as a result of the stress created by the injury. Therefore, it is critical to approach whiplash in a comprehensive manner.
on our site or by calling our office.